K.I.M.’s (Kids In Motion) Discovery Playhouse Museum ~ of Houma Louisiana ~ provides an interactive, fun, educational, and hands-on place to enjoy learning through play with your child.
Join us for our upcoming 5K Mustache Dash at Mulberry Park! Please go to www.splitsecondllc.com for race entry forms, sponsor and flyers.
Please check out our other upcoming events under the NEWS tab or at the bottom of this page to see where you can see us next. We love volunteers, give service hours, and only exist through God’s good grace and the knowledge that one day we will be in a beautiful location in Houma to help educate the children in our community in an interactive environment that teaches through play!
How it all began…
Kim Marie Duplantis was my sister, who only lived 10 short months, many years ago. She was very loved and is very missed. Kim missed out on all the experiences and play that my own two children have been able to have. This museum is dedicated to my parents in her memory, Murphy & Julie Duplantis Jr., and to the promise that all children, young and old, deserve to express their inner child!
“Our mission at Kids in Motion (K.I.M.’s) Playhouse Discovery Museum is to spark the love of learning in all children, young and old. Through interactive, interdisciplinary, hands-on environments and experiences with the arts, sciences and humanities, children will develop creative thinking and problem solving skills, and a belief in their own potential.”
Join us for our Events! Sponsors and Volunteers Needed!
July – Houma Independence Day Celebration
September 2014 – KidPirates Day!
To sponsor, volunteer, or find out more contact Wendy at email@example.com
more… K.I.M.’s Story
The logo art work on this site was created by Kim’s great niece, Aimee Price. The name, K.I.M.’s Playhouse (Kids In Motion), was created by Aimee and her sister Lauren White as their way of acknowledging an Aunt they wish they could have known. Their other Aunt, myself, has long wished to open this Playhouse. After 20 years of teaching, learning, playing, and learning some more, it will be a joy to watch the families of our Parish walk through K.I.M.’s doors. Through the dedication of many, the goodness of our Lord, and the boundless energy of our children, we hope to see you at K.I.M.’s Playhouse Museum., where Kids are In Motion!
Please help us by donating time, money or services!
K.I.M.’s Playhouse Board Members
DeNeil Brown • Eric Ball • Wendy Jeffcoat • Ray Boudreaux • Susan Boudreaux • Sarina Lirette • Dawn Zeringue • Julie Jacobson • Heather Deroche * Edmee Morange
K.I.M.’s Playhouse Officers
• Wendy Jeffcoat (Executive Director/President)
• DeNeil Brown (Vice-President)
• Dawn Zeringue (Secretary)
• Edmee Morange(Treasurer)
The Museum will:
• Provide children and families a quality leisure activity where they can experiment, play, use imagination, and share ideas.
• Give parents and care givers an opportunity to have interactive experiences with their child.
• Provide an opportunity for children to learn by “doing,” where learning is fun and multisensory.
• Nurture cooperation and understanding among generations and cultures to encourage children and adults to learn from one another.
• Promote the physical, emotional, and cognitive growth of children and families.
• Reach out to children of all backgrounds and cultures.
• Complement existing resources in the community and boost tourism and the economy in the Houma, Louisiana area.