K.I.M.’s (Kids In Motion) Discovery Playhouse Museum ~ of Houma Louisiana ~ provides an interactive, fun, educational, and hands-on place to enjoy learning through play with your child.
Join us for our upcoming events:
November 15th – Mulberry Park, Houma – Mustache Dask 5k & Fun Day - 8 am – 1 pm Race
Registration begins 7:30 am.
or download forms at http://www.splitsecondllc.com
We love volunteers, give service hours, and only exist through God’s good grace and the knowledge that one day we will be in a beautiful location in Houma to help educate the children in our community in an interactive environment that teaches through play!
How it all began…
K.I.M.’s Story Kim Marie Duplantis was my sister, who only lived 10 short months, many years ago. She was very loved and is very missed. Kim missed out on all the experiences and play that my own two children have been able to have. This museum is dedicated to my parents in her memory, Murphy & Julie Duplantis Jr., and to the promise that all children, young and old, deserve to express their inner child!
“Our mission at Kids in Motion (K.I.M.’s) Playhouse Discovery Museum is to spark the love of learning in all children, young and old. Through interactive, interdisciplinary, hands-on environments and experiences with the arts, sciences and humanities, children will develop creative thinking and problem solving skills, and a belief in their own potential.”
K.I.M.’s Playhouse Officers
• Wendy Jeffcoat (Executive Director/President)
• DeNeil Brown (Vice-President)
• Dawn Zeringue (Secretary)
• Edmee Morange(Treasurer)
K.I.M.’s Playhouse Board Members
DeNeil Brown • Eric Ball • Wendy Jeffcoat • Ray Boudreaux • Susan Boudreaux • Sarina Lirette • Dawn Zeringue • Julie Jacobson • Heather Deroche * Edmee Morange
To sponsor, volunteer, or find out more contact Wendy at firstname.lastname@example.org
more… K.I.M.’s Story
The logo art work on this site was created by Kim’s great niece, Aimee Price. The name, K.I.M.’s Playhouse (Kids In Motion), was created by Aimee and her sister Lauren White as their way of acknowledging an Aunt they wish they could have known. Their other Aunt, myself, has long wished to open this Playhouse. After 20 years of teaching, learning, playing, and learning some more, it will be a joy to watch the families of our Parish walk through K.I.M.’s doors. Through the dedication of many, the goodness of our Lord, and the boundless energy of our children, we hope to see you at K.I.M.’s Playhouse Museum., where Kids are In Motion!
Please help us by donating time, money or services!
The Museum will:
• Provide children and families a quality leisure activity where they can experiment, play, use imagination, and share ideas.
• Give parents and care givers an opportunity to have interactive experiences with their child.
• Provide an opportunity for children to learn by “doing,” where learning is fun and multisensory.
• Nurture cooperation and understanding among generations and cultures to encourage children and adults to learn from one another.
• Promote the physical, emotional, and cognitive growth of children and families.
• Reach out to children of all backgrounds and cultures.
• Complement existing resources in the community and boost tourism and the economy in the Houma, Louisiana area.